Sunday, October 17, 2010

Camera obscura

Another quick post. My friend Clara's coming over in a few minutes and she's teaching me how to dye yarn, and then she's going to knit me a hat! My grandma Alice tried to teach me to knit when I was little, but she was a lot more successful in teaching me how to paint. Remind me to do a post on Grandma Alice someday.
In any case, I'm going to have a purple hat soon, so that's exciting! I'll post pictures of the yarn, too, because I've seen Clara's dying before and it's really gorgeous. Dying of yarn, that is, not like Clara is coming over here to die.

Here's what I wanted to link you to today: This person makes pinhole cameras out of books! I love it. Pinhole cameras and pinhole photography are an interest of mine anyway. Part of the attraction is the way it's so egalitarian- basically anyone can make a simple film camera. The fact that the cameras themselves can be turned into functional art objects is just totally charming.
I'm not really much of a photography person, but I've been looking at a lot of film-related things recently. Before I post on Grandma Alice, I also should do a post on the exhibit at the photography museum on campus that I attended recently....ok, this is just turning into a list of things to do. Time to get offline.

Oh yes, one more thing before I go: Jill is back as of Friday. She seems pretty alright, mostly, and apologised for scaring me. We got dinner the other night and she said she's getting help, but she doesn't really want to talk about what she's dealing with. That's okay with me- I don't need to know everything, just so long as she's okay. I told her if she ever feels like she needs to be with someone, I'm there. So I think things are getting back to normal in that respect, thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment