Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Isn't this nice.

I come on to post about finally making some headway on the picture translations, and find out someone's posted coded nonsense on my blog. Actually, not just mine- I checked, and s/he's posted the same coded nonsense on every single solstice story indexed on Scott's blog here.
I'm not going to repost it because it's on every solstice story, and frankly I don't care to waste the space.
I don't understand codes. It's taken me the better part of a week to translate a few words of Russian, so obviously I'm not the one to help work this thing out. Some of it looks a bit like an IP adress but I don't know...just thought I'd let you know, scarce, if you're reading this: You're sort of wasting your time with me. I'm not going to put any effort into understanding this. It probably doesn't pertain to me or to Jill, and I'm busy trying to live my life and figure out actually relevant information, so...

I probably already gave this person too much attention. Let us never speak of this again, unless by some astounding coincidence it becomes relevant.

I meant to talk about the picture. I've been doing trial and error tests to get a decent typed version of the text so that I can put it into google translator. This means I go to a website with a Russian alphabet, and then copy/paste letters from that into word, and hope that I'm getting the right letters. Of course once I get the right letters (maybe) I have to hope that Google gives me an accurate translation, so...let's just say this took me a while. For the most part it makes sense, though, so I think I got the translation right.
Here's the picture again, for reference:



 
Starting at the top, it (probably) says "HE wants to erase me" (can't tell what the crossed out thing says)
Next line: "Remember me"
then 208, and the three words apparently translate to "sunshine sunshine" (that seems wrong to me, though, because it's clearly three words turning into two)
The last word which is partially burned is "Miligan" which doesn't mean anything to me. I think part of it might have been burnt off, or I've messed up the translation somehow.
 
The first two sentences are easy to understand. Jill's even said them before. But the rest makes no sense to me...I googled "sunshine sunshine miligan" and got a bunch of random crap that doesn't have the slightest bearing on what's going on. Google also suggested "sunshine sunshine milligan" with two "L"s and that gave me a Florida HR manager named Sunshine Milligan. Somehow I doubt she's connected. I don't know. I wish I had some way to move forward on this, but everything I do seems to lead to a dead end. The police don't have any leads, and of course I don't know what I'm doing.

I tried to call Kevin on monday but he never picked up. And ever since then I've had this terrible headache and no amount of excedrin is helping. It hasn't been helping with the translation, but I've been working on the translation far too much so I can distract myself from worrying about all this shit with the monster, and if Kevin will ever talk to me again.

What a stupid little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment