Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Someone is fucking with me.

I'm beginning to be very, very glad I had the locks changed the other day.
So on Monday I was walking from the art building to this nearby convenience store that lets you pay with the school meal plan. You have to go through a pedestrian underpass to get there, which I mention because as I was walking back with my coffee, I noticed this guy in a big grey coat and a dark blue scarf around the bottom half of his face, standing on the side of the underpass, watching me. The coat and scarf weren't that weird, because Monday was bitterly cold. I was wearing a scarf too.
But the next day, when I came out of the library (which is on the other side of campus by the way) I saw him again. Same coat, same scarf, same brown hair. I've never seen the guy around campus before, so it's not like he's in my classes or anything, and he didn't say anything at all. Just watched me walk to the bus stop. I made sure he didn't follow me. Call me paranoid, but I kept remembering the fact that Jill had said she'd seen someone around the house, and that was what had triggered her first breakdown.

I haven't seen the guy since Tuesday, although I've kept an eye out for him. But I'd chalk that up to me being a scaredy cat if it weren't for what happened today when I got home from school.

I mentioned hanging missing person photos for Jill, didn't I? Yeah, in this post. Well, I posted them up and down the street I live off of, and today when I was walking home from the bus stop, I passed one of them.
Someone had set fire to the bottom of it.

Somehow they did this without burning the telephone pole it was stapled to, although I suppose they could have pulled the staples off of the bottom, held it away, and set it on fire. However they did it, it was really, really creepy.

There were two posters between the bus station and my house, and at first I didn't see the one that was nearer to my house, but then I found a scrap of it on the sidewalk. This one was burnt almost entirely, but whoever the arsonist was, they weren't doing it haphazardly, because they left Jill's picture almost untouched.

I took the scrap with Jill's picture home with me, and then came back with my camera and took photos. I'm going to send them to the police tomorrow.


This is the one nearer to the bus stop. I've blacked out the personal info, obviously.

And the scrap I found near the turn-off to my street.

What the hell is this, guys? I'm scared, and I'm mad, and I really do not need this kind of shit with finals coming up. I'm already close to failing some classes and I can't take the stress of constantly having to look over my shoulder.

I think I want to spend most of winter break in Flagstaff.

No comments:

Post a Comment