Saturday, April 16, 2011

An idyllic holiday

I went hiking on Mount Elden with a friend of mine from high school, and when I got back and checked my phone, I found a message from a Texas police officer named James Caroll. I called him back about an hour ago, and he said he didn't want to scare me, but was there was any way that Harriet could know my current location. I thought, yes, of course, her fucking boss told her, but I said no. He told me she had said something yesterday about Flagstaff, and he'd found it odd enought that he asked for my number from Officer Clinton. He also said don't worry, they'd checked her cell top to bottom and she was very secure. So I thanked him and got off the phone and went back out to take a walk and clear my head, except the trees kept scaring me and that stand of aspens behind out house, I can't really look at it anymore, and I keep having these nightmares that I can't remember.
So I went to visit Andrew in the hospital yet again and cried.

No comments:

Post a Comment