Sunday, September 19, 2010

Arrival.

So I guess I have a blog now- well, that makes me sound like way more of a luddite than I actually am. Truth be known this is the second blog I've had in my life, but the first was some terrible livejournal thing composed mostly of whining and passive agression, and since I haven't looked at it since I was fifteen, I figure it's time for something new.
I'm going to try to make this a place where I can share funny, interesting, mostly art or writing related stuff. I'm actually a design major at the University of Arizona, with a Creative Writing minor, so I'm pretty immersed in this world. I love creativity and hopefully the other people who will read this blog will find my tastes interesting. I'll talk about myself and my life a little, but for the most part it'll be links, videos, and maybe philosiphizing, I'm not sure. I'm also going to try and not make this a pretentious art blog, which will be hard, but I'll do my damnedest.
Uh, and I'm going to be cussing, so if you're sensitive to that this might not be the blog for you.

I suppose first posts of everything are always awkward, so I'll just shut up and stop over explaining myself, and share some cool stuff.

First, check out what I found on wikihow last week:
How to make a hollow book!
I'm actually considering making one of my own just because I love the idea of having something so like a movie prop. Maybe I can use it to hide my valuables (what valuables?) or whatever I don't want my roomate to eat. Hmmm...

Also:
This company called Idee Labs has come up with a weird, cool way to search flickr- by color. I'm not sure what practical use it'd have, but it's definately fun to mess with. You can choose up to 10 colors, and the more you add a color, the greater presence it has in the set of photos. Here's one I made in the colors of this blog:


Hmm. Remind me to mess with the picture editing on this blog, I need to figure some sizing things out.

Anyway, that's it for today, next time I post I promise more cohesion, less rambling, and a truly awesome artist who is fast becoming one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment